National Academic Trainee Network meetings
- National Academic Trainee Network (NATN) meetings (sponsored by the Pathological Society of Great Britain & Ireland and the Jean Shanks Foundation) are held three times a year https://www.pathsoc.org/index.php/trainees/society-trainee-meetings .
- These meetings are for histopathology trainee members of the Pathological Society of Great Britain & Ireland who hold academic positions or who show a strong interest in research.
The meetings comprise:
- a talk from an inspirational speaker
- networking with peers and senior academic pathologists over dinner
- a day of lectures and workshops when the "business-side of research" is taught (e.g. grant writing, applying for ethics etc.)
- dinner and overnight accommodation which are currently generously funded by PathSoc & the Jean Shanks Foundation
- These meetings provide:
- a supportive network of academic pathology trainees
- an opportunity to interact with senior academic pathologists
- The programme and details of how to apply are emailed to PathSoc trainee members ahead of each meeting.
- Trainees who don’t yet hold an academic position but have a strong interest in research can submit a CV for consideration.
- We encourage you to apply and hope to see you at the next meeting!